gs750 gear box in gs1000

Been told that the GS750 gear box has a smaller 1and 2 gears so you get more acceleration and the top gears 3,4 and 5 are the same as the GS1000 so you don't lose top end.

I got a GS750 gear box and counted the teeth on all gears and they are the same as the GS1000 gear box.

So is it me or are both gear boxes the same? Anybody know for sure or was it a one-off model of 750?

• 4 years later...
On 7/19/2015 at 6:20 PM, wraith said:

Been told that the GS750 gear box has a smaller 1and 2 gears so you get more acceleration and the top gears 3,4 and 5 are the same as the GS1000 so you don't lose top end.

I got a GS750 gear box and counted the teeth on all gears and they are the same as the GS1000 gear box.

So is it me or are both gear boxes the same? Anybody know for sure or was it a one-off model of 750?

So did you ever find out the answer? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, fastgs287 said:

So did you ever find out the answer? 

Bloody hell, that was a bit back xD

What I found is the gs750 same gearing but straight cut gears, the gsx750et has the smaller 1st and 2nd gear with the 3-4 and 5 the same but if I remember you have to swap the shafts.