Slingshot 750 nose cone fit 1100 slingshot?

Mackk

My K nose cone has seen better days, lots of previous repairs done poorly.....so I have access to a 750 unit....and my painter says he can make it work by filling the exsisting mounting holes and creating new ones to make it work, as well as  removing the the inner pieces and welding on the ones from my 1100.....just wondering if they are cosmetically the same except for the changes I mentioned? Any one used a 750 noseco e on there 1100?

EDIT: It appears I would need to use 750 mids as well? 

Cheers

Edited by Mackk

Tried to use a 750 set of front fairings on my 11K year ago but gave up when I noticed how different they both are when you have the two together. The 750 fairing is narrower at the front (probs with fitting over 11 subframe) but longer where it joins the mid panels. You could use the 750 mid panels but (from memory) the 11 clip-ons fowl the 750 fairing (behind where mirrors mount). 750 clip-ons hang lower (beneath the top yoke). Think I had a fowling issue with the damper also. 

Visually, you can tell 11 and 750 headlight fairings apart very easy. 11 has round ram air holes and the 750 have ram air holes that contour the edge of the headlights. Load of subtle differences. You can't use a 750 screen on an 11 and vice-versa, slightly different shape. I'd keep looking for an 11 K/L top fairing as too much messing to sort out the 750 unit. ;) 

21 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Tried to use a 750 set of front fairings on my 11K year ago but gave up when I noticed how different they both are when you have the two together. The 750 fairing is narrower at the front (probs with fitting over 11 subframe) but longer where it joins the mid panels. You could use the 750 mid panels but (from memory) the 11 clip-ons fowl the 750 fairing (behind where mirrors mount). 750 clip-ons hang lower (beneath the top yoke). Think I had a fowling issue with the damper also. 

Visually, you can tell 11 and 750 headlight fairings apart very easy. 11 has round ram air holes and the 750 have ram air holes that contour the edge of the headlights. Load of subtle differences. You can't use a 750 screen on an 11 and vice-versa, slightly different shape. I'd keep looking for an 11 K/L top fairing as too much messing to sort out the 750 unit. ;) 

Thanks for the detailed response Jaydee....very much appreciate it.

The....ears?( the part that the shield and mirrors attach to), of the nose cone are the major problem.....so my painter/welder thinks that he can cut the ears off of a 750 nose cone and weld them onto my 1100. 

I am concerned about screen fitment and mirror position however, so further investigation is required.

Cheers