Cam chains - questions questions

Not wanting to sound like an idiot or anything, but the haynes manual that I have is, a little better than Janet and John, but only in that it has a picture of the bike on the front cover,  similar to Janet and John, it also does not have any torque settings in it or any tips on checking things like the cam chain, which as far as I am concerned is something that should be looked at over time. Ultimately I'm a little lost here so asking experience.  Basically I am getting a clattering on the overrun, it's not the nicest of noises that's for sure and sounds sloppy enough to be a chain type noise. As this bike is new to me  and done 41,000 miles, I'm very happy to replace said camchain, but I would like to know what else I should be looking for, so these questions for starters:

Is a split link cam chain ok? as I'm not overly keen on a full strip down at this point in time. I found this: https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/134786170697?_nkw=suzuki+GS+750+camchain&itmmeta=01J58SP86BVHFGVTAMGFDA0K01&hash=item1f61e1bf49:g:FLEAAOSwzs5lPc5W&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKnxmL%2FoRcZiB%2B6Trfvo0LFN2%2Biv4BD7LOvF%2Fr1sLE19ZmKlUT16KSG6f1Pk68EQJYCVGWv0dKLJu3%2BZDlZU%2FSlepCOfemArESmYfWxiUL83h2k8WJ%2BOMJ8Zuubc3d%2B9wYrdDCCUGRJHWl2yhW8qg9Y4w0ZZaaQ7Eaw2tEVJmDYqs6kbzIoc0uihAcl8sdGMnTRizfXOxCXOo7pcxO%2BAVr5JbO15QzDLX%2FgIg%2BlZozg7vh2YJ%2FFqvyIuPa6rLHintNk3%2FVjWSd91IZ%2B1cadCEFiiQW8aa07LlhJRVKqEEMD9JQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABFBMpIPZmapk

should I be replacing the cam shaft guides too as a matter of course?

Is there anything I should know about the camchain tensioner i.e. are they reliable or do people on the whole swap them out?

Do blades ever need replacing or is it simply look and see?

Also, am I going to struggle getting the old camchain out?

Any help would me much appreciated thanks guys. 

Sure its not the drive chain - similar noise makes you think its engine! 41k isn't stellar mileage for a cam chain but could be slack. The stock tensioner spring may be getting slack - sometimes the internal spring is available @ not a lot of money! Alternatively a manual tensioner is a possibility! Finding guides will be an issue, aftermarket may be available ? A rivet link chain is fine to use PROVIDING its installed correctly and usually needs two pairs of hands!

The first step is to confirm that the tensioner is functioning. Check the set screw by loosening the nut, turn the set screw in, count the turns, loosen it up the same amount, tighten the nut again. it should be 1-2 turns out.

start the motor, look at the big nut as you rev the motor, it should move

there is a spec for cam chain length, go here and get a factory manual

gsarchive.bwringer.com

Thank you very much guys, @Gixer1460This is stood still, it actually sounds like a rattle through the exhaust that shimmies as the revs die down, but will check tensioner. 

@BigTThanks for the link, it has just sent me down a rabbit hole ending up in the GSResources website and forum. I've just been reading up on camchains and everyone says they just don't really wear that much and that maybe at 70k you might want to think about it. Will be looking at the tensioner today just to put my mind at rest.