Carb rebuild gs1000

Rebuilding the carbs on my gs1000l. Got I bought it from paid some guy $300 to "clean" the carbs. Well long story short I'm realizing the reason it had a 1-3 misfire was not the points or condensers but the fact that half the jets are clogged as well as the enrichment circuit fuel orifice, I've only done #1 so far but I'm guessing it's the same problem in # 3, and probably mild clogging in #4 as #2 is the hottest header upon starting and trying to warm it up. Anyways, I also figured out why the throttle sticks wide open, which is because there was some damage to #1 slide, a small protrusion that caught on the cylinder edge. Also damage to the bushing that the needle valve goes into. Looks like maybe someone dropped the throttle with a screwdriver in the carb or something. My question though, is that little bit of damage to that "sleeve" if you will going to cause atomization issues with the needle jet? The part that screws in from the bottom (not sure what you call that) is undamaged and the actual "bore" of that sleeve where the needle touches it is undamaged, it's just that little ring that sticks up into the barrel. I pulled off all the loose metal but can't do anything else with it aside from pressing in a new sleeve or a new carb body. 

PXL_20240328_150534509.jpgspan widget

Can you not get a new set of emulsion tubes for it. There's some pretty extensive rebuild kits available that are of good quality. You can then just tap out the tube from the bottom with the main jet screwed in slightly so as not to damage the carb, once it's moved a little just tap the rest out with a punch.

25 minutes ago, Toecutter said:

Can you not get a new set of emulsion tubes for it. There's some pretty extensive rebuild kits available that are of good quality. You can then just tap out the tube from the bottom with the main jet screwed in slightly so as not to damage the carb, once it's moved a little just tap the rest out with a punch.

I could be wrong but looking at it it appears that it presses in from the bottom, I. E. The part sticking into the barrel is smaller diameter than the part where the jet screws in. So if it does press out I think it has to come out the bottom and I'm worried about damaging the barrel by tapping the top of the emulsion tube(? Didn't know the name of it) 

Also I just went back and looked and the part called an emulsion tube is the one with the holes in the side that the jet screws into, right? That is a separate part from the part that sticks up and it's undamaged.