38mm Mikuni BDSR on a GSXR750M

Motovalet

I have clean working set of 38mm Mikuni BDSR carbs that came off of my "Fader" 600. They were jetted to suit that bike running a 4-2-1 system and individual pod K&N type filters. Will these carbs work best on my 750M motor which will also run a 4-2-1 system and either individual or twin pod filters per carb, or am I best using the Mikuni 36mm CV flatslide carbs that came with the engine? I've read that the 36mm carbs are a good choice but I've also heard and read people rate the 38mm carbs?

Euro bikes should have BST38 carbs standard - if the 36mm carbs were set up for the bike, they should work fine. Any carb can be altered to a different bike pretty much, but it can involve a lot of trial and error to get it right re. BDSR carbs, spacing will be different too.

Thinking about it, the BST36 carbs could be quite good without the airbox, air velocity will be up a bit and help with set-up and low to mid-range running.  If you had the std 38mm carbs you could order a stage 3 jet kit that works well enough without too much effort.

• Like 1