Srad forks K1 wheel?

• 3 months later...

Well I've taken the front wheel off my K1 750 and put it in the Srad forks. Using the K1's spindle as its slightly longer. The wheel seems to be out by about 1mm. I'm guessing a 1/2 a mm shim on the captive spacers would fix it? (If I can find one)

The brakes and disks fit but clearances is tight to the outside of the caliper tho I'm guessing I could machine 1/2 a mm off the mounting points to get everything more or less spot on

My main worry is the disc isn't far off the top of the caliper could heat expansion of the disc make the foul?

17110345407866600919049266500909.jpg

The caliper should clear a 320mm disc no problem. How much clearance do you have?

As for the other bit. It's important to make sure the fork is unstressed. Screwing the spindle in the whole assembly can pinch the fork somewhat. Might affect disc centralisation. Given that the wheel should be 2mm narrower at the hub, the discs ought to be close to the inside of the calipers.

Another issue could be disc offset. Stock TL discs for example have a very small offset. Something like 0,5mm each side. Not sure the discs you use have such a small offset, but it's worth checking.