GSX 550 - Barebones Wiring Harness

Airhead-emmy

Hi All,

Have inherited an old GSX550 in parts from my father, which I am going to fix up and restore, only issue is that he hasn't heard the engine running for about 10-12 years.

Ideally I want to know the engine is good before I spend the time getting it all fixed up (Repainting everything, remaking a wiring harness as one at the moment is shagged, and fabricating the frame etc to make it into a bit more of a racer.)

I've taken the side off the engine block, and rotated it, and can feel / hear it compressing... But Ideally I wanted to make sure that 'trys to start' before I put all this time in.

My question is - What's the absolute bare bones I need wired up so I can hear it trying to turn over / seeing it spark? 

Bonus points for any back of the fag packet drawing anyone could do xD

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Airhead-emmy said:

Hi All,

Have inherited an old GSX550 in parts from my father, which I am going to fix up and restore, only issue is that he hasn't heard the engine running for about 10-12 years.

Ideally I want to know the engine is good before I spend the time getting it all fixed up (Repainting everything, remaking a wiring harness as one at the moment is shagged, and fabricating the frame etc to make it into a bit more of a racer.)

I've taken the side off the engine block, and rotated it, and can feel / hear it compressing... But Ideally I wanted to make sure that 'trys to start' before I put all this time in.

My question is - What's the absolute bare bones I need wired up so I can hear it trying to turn over / seeing it spark? 

Bonus points for any back of the fag packet drawing anyone could do xD

Thanks. 

If you search you'll find this somewhere in the vault . . . . . . leave off anything connected to lights and horn and bingo!

Simple Loom wiring.jpg

• Like 2