Hayabusa Swap! Chassis Problems.

madman

GSX 1150 1984 , building a Sprint Chassis. Gave up looking for nice drag swingarm and picked up a Busa arm .

Has anyone just had extensions with a Stock Busa swingarm and used it in a Raked GS 1150 Chassis? I had a Deraked long (Outlaw Type More weight On Front Wheel) 

(73 inch chassis) done from Mcintosh) Man what  a wobbler it was , Had aligned it , bought rc wheels , Thing would actually jump in air at  gear shifts,

no shit! My mates were amazed , they said about 2 feet both front and rear wheel, Made it fun  to ride.  Kinda like a Mad Mule!!  

Not  going to use a Shock just a bony  strut. Anyhow  of again this time with new raked chassis and thinking Busa swingarm with homemade extensions.  No Shock just a bony strut.

I run  a G7 G13 Paul Ghast pro head with NOS and MTC 1500 block.  Hoping to get it to run straight and not hop around??? Oh also a slider clutch MTC with a shnitx box (actually quite a shabby piece already showing errors  in it) going to dyna 2000 .Anyhow thanks and Good day Mike

Sprinting ain't so different to Drag - just piss poor tracks usually LOL! So I question a raked out front end and a strut rear end - that's very 80/90's style. Wisdom has moved on where the quickest in the world mount EVERYTHING possible over the front wheel, with the forks pulled in to steepen the rake and use a long arm and a proper shock to deal with the launch and short track reaction. If you haven't got bars the MTC slider isn't the easiest thing to tune as it has to slip loads more than its design likes! What Schnitz box? Pro2's are / were the flavour of the month in Comp and ProMod - they aren't renowned for reliability so most would have a spare! If swapping to a Dyna your still gonna need a nitrous controller which the Pro2 does really well IMO!

Edited by Gixer1460

I do have a long mcintosh arm, deraked front end, Good steering damper. (73 inch wheelbase) I spent some serious time aligning wheels and everything in the workshop. At gear shifts leaps into the air both wheels, (must have too much horsepower ha ha I doubt that!!) and gives a death  wobble . Over the Years have had all sorts of wobbly things happen at speed and this one was quite vicious. I plan on scrapping the shnitz box and may also scrap the slider but I do need to spend more setup time on it. I don't know shit about them but not having a clutch lever (now's its  the rear brake) is so fuckin weird to me, Anyhow ...Later Mike