1100 slingy block and head on 6n bandit help

paintmonkey

Hi and welcome to OSS Steve.

I did not think the 1100 top end will work/go on the B6 (Bandit 600) bottom end, I've heard people putting a 750 top end on the B6 bottom end, but the price of GSXR750 and GSX750F motors I'd just get one of them.

Mate just got off that site a rightoff GSX750F complet motor carbs and all the electrics and zorst all still in frame for £170 Bargin but they are out there just keep looking.

The gsx750f are 748cc and have a softer cam - i.e. not as revvy but more low to mid power - whereas the gsxr750 motors are mostly 749cc apart for the j/k models (I think) which are 748cc. Also the gsxr motors have a hotter cam for more revs and top end power. That's the basic some one will come along and tell you even more I will think.
You should get a gsxr or gsxf 750 motor for anything for £150-£250 or over - just have a look around on flea bay ;) if you get something as a package, the carbs are what will cost you an arm and a leg (£100+). So I'd look out for a crash-damaged bike and then sell off the bits you don't need/want.

• Like 1

The good bits are, the GSXF/GSXR 750 will go straight into a B6 frame with no mods needed, the B6 zorst will fit the 750 motor, all the electrics will fit/plug in the 750
motors and the B6 black box(cdi) works on the 750 motors.
Bad bits you could use the B6 carbs but will not be very good, so use the 750 carbs but they will not fit the airbox so pod type fillters will be needed, B6 oilcooler will work but best to use the 750 one or after market one but they will be £££ as you will need lines as well.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

That's a great help thanks again I think front end wise I want to change the forks out anyway as it feels abit washy on the front. apparently gsxr 1100 forks are a good swap but are proving a tad difficult to find especially usds the bike already came with ohlins Shock bringing up the rear so that's sorted

Good idea on the forks, but you know the yoke stem is longer in the B6 and B12 so if you're looking at doing a fork swap then unless you can get some GSXR forks that fit your yokes you will need to have the stem alterd and sort out the lock stops.
I've got a set of B6 forks on my GS1000 with GSX600F Progressive fork spings in them. Even with the extra weight with the GS1000 motor they work fine.
There are lots of poeple who have converted B6/B12 using USD forks so they will be out there ready to go.

• 3 weeks later...