cct manual or oem?

boilerdude

Go easy on me. I'm sure this is an old cliche been answered a million times. Nice fresh stock one or "im not quite sure whats too tight or too loose" manual...

http://www.amazon.com/CRU-Products-Manual-Timing-Tensioner/dp/B0148ZXA8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447472879&sr=8-1&keywords=bandit+1200+cam+chain+tensioner

And if it's a manual one does it need to be APE or do you think would one of these do?

I am currently using my original OEM "cct" on my 86 well modded 907. In talking with Rick Stetson {Google him}, who built this version of my engine,

he recommended using the OEM cct over a manual. I asked about OEM cct failures I had heard about years ago, and he told me that was an issue with the older

style cct type on heavily modded GS motors, not the GSXR type. He also told me that the OEM cct is made to have some temperature flexibility. That's the purpose of the short spring on the end of the plunger. I had an APE type manual cct on the 883 version of my 750, but I put that in there based on the older issue that I wasn't fully understanding.

No fuss, no muss using the OEM cct!