7/11 airbox

Merijn

Using a powerscreen engine for my 7/11. Did put the BST36 on it. Trying to fit the 750 airbox, but it won't. 

Bottom of the airbox is already touching the brace where the rearshock bracket is mounted on. 

Is there a combination or trick possible to use an airbox for a 7/11?

IMG_20200312_195317.jpg

Edited by Merijn

They'll probably work OK otherwise you're going to be running aftermarket filters.  Peeps match the head to the rubbers by grinding but there is probably no need for this unless you're going for a sizeable power increase. See the article on carbs and carb rubbers at the top of this section. As with most things there's a trade off: you gain in one way and lose a little in another.

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,  in regards your problem I have an 85 slabby fitted with an 1100m engine and I run 40mms with an original airbox. I did need to grind down the inside of the frame slight, not a significant amount and certainly not enough to cause problems after that I had to cut two slots in the top of the airbox turned what I cut out upside down and plastic welded them back into place. It's still a very tight fit but is doable. Am going back to the garage later so if I can get a half decent pic will post up for you.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2020 at 3:52 PM, ronin said:

Hi,  in regards your problem I have an 85 slabby fitted with an 1100m engine and I run 40mms with an original airbox. I did need to grind down the inside of the frame slight, not a significant amount and certainly not enough to cause problems after that I had to cut two slots in the top of the airbox turned what I cut out upside down and plastic welded them back into place. It's still a very tight fit but is doable. Am going back to the garage later so if I can get a half decent pic will post up for you.

Managed to fit the airbox. Heated up the bottom and dented in on the section where it will hit the frame. Does fit ok now. But thanks anyway!

IMG_20200329_194526.jpg