Can't open the choke

Phill106

Just opened the box from being ultrasonicly cleaned by mcmetal. Tried to open the choke to make sure it was all free and couldn't open it so I Put the choke handle back on and tried to open the choke again and still can't. 

Any suggestions? 

(Carbs are bst36ss. 36mm gsxr carbs)

Edited by Phill106

Un clip the choke puller bar only little black plastic things and slide the choke puller off then tease each brass choke plunger out by pulling on the end! They should? Slide in an out with some spring resistance, 

just had myn done and had sticky choke also , freed them off and even took one plunger out completely bit rubber grease slipped it back in.

good luck.

Un clip the choke puller bar only little black plastic things and slide the choke puller off then tease each brass choke plunger out by pulling on the end! They should? Slide in an out with some spring resistance, 

just had myn done and had sticky choke also , freed them off and even took one plunger out completely bit rubber grease slipped it back in.

good luck.

just finished doing that. Haven't taken the plungers out but on second reassembly they are very clunky and difficult to pull out even though the plungers are free. The puller bar is straight so I'm not sure why they aren't free. 

Looks like there's a place for a guide of some sort above choke puller bad. Same height as the choke handle? Is their meant to be one there? 

Not sure there's a guide! But the bar should slide through ( black clips) make sure there greased and bar moves smoothly don't use wd40 it attacks rubber and in time degrades  it. Try post some pics this will make it clearer to suss out! 

I would say the plungers are dry and bar needs a lube! But hard to say with out seeing bud.