The old bus back on the road

Jay_111

So I've finally got this old bus back on the road. I bought it as a base for a big project that is temporarily on hold. So I thought best get it ridden rather than staring at a bunch of parts..

The build will commence in the new year but until then it's boggo standard but for Ti cans and an Ohlins shock.

To get to this point involved a full build from parts, carb strip, full service and a thorough going through with a significant amount of help by Mark White (M&M motorcycles) as I am out of the UK too often to sort it myself...

Edit to add. Mark is by far the best bike mechanic I have ever known. If you want real quality and no bullshit with an attention to detail that Banoffee would be proud of, you can't go far wrong with Mark. He is based in the Peterborough area.. (Known for Performance Bike Magazine bike builds) quality work at very reasonable prices. A proper old skool bike shop and bloke.

image.jpg

Edited by Jay_111
  • Like 4

Nice one Jay. What happened to all the blingy bits you were collecting for this?

Sold the TMR's and the Techserfu pipe with the Dymags for nice profit. Work commitments and a health issue combined with a messy relationship split got in the way of the build, so I am now starting again. I still have the L0 BPF's and the Brembo M4's. Now looking at a similar project but over a longer period. Paint job design is sorted (Sid Lucky Design) Stage1. Was get it back together and running, stage 2, I will either replace the arm with something more modern or get the existing one top braced with a captive rear caliper this winter.  Maybe get the forks and a light set of wheels into it with a racefit pipe if I can, along with the paint job but the budget is less now so we will see how it goes.

Good to see you here Dunc! :tu

• Like 1