Welcome to the Winged Hammers Wilson

Forgive me Hanmashin for I have sinned! I have been tardy in my winged hammer work and in the preparation of my own  own race bike. It's a New Year and it's time to put an end to my tardiness. (excuses out the way)

We have a new Winged Hammer! His name is @Wilsonand he will be flying the mighty hammer on his slabby when racing in Canada.

Wilson lives  in Killarney, Manitoba, Canada and he started racing in 2000 at the age of 50 (me too) and he's still at it .

Wilson told me:

I club race with the Manitoba Roadrace Association (MRA).  Our track is the Gimli Motorsport Park, affectionately called the “Goat Trail”. I won the MRA Canadian Thunder (twins) championship in 2009 and our club’s Master’s Championship (for old guys) in 2012.

Now the present.  Last August I picked up a 1985 GSXR 750 with the intention of putting it on the street but that idea was shelved because I already have two street bikes and don’t need a third. So the 750 is now being prepped for the track.  I’m keeping it pretty much stock including the 18” wheels.  I sent the forks to RaceTech for a rebuild and emulators. The shock turned out to be a Fox Twin Clicker and RaceTech rebuilt it also.  

The MRA runs a five round series each summer and I will be entering my say what now!? in each round of the 2019 season.  I did not race last season due to family commitments and travel.

Wilson, may Hamnashin's mighty hammer give you the victory you so righteously deserve brother. Welcome to the team.

You can start a thread in this section to keep us informed of progress.

193318C7-3F49-4B3A-A7AA-1D0D3CC6E98A.jpeg.69845e59edc51569d71451c5d6517a98.jpeg

• Like 3