Side Stand Switch on 1985 GSX-R750F Japanese Import

Hi

I recently purchased a 1985 GSX-R750F that was originally developed for the Japanese market and later imported to the UK. One of the first things I noticed was that it came without the side stand switch, but has the red Japanese writing icon on the dummy lights panel. I managed to purchase an original switch but the bracket (part  no. 42361-27A00) that attaches it to the frame is no longer made and so made my own. I then removed the seat and side panels naively expecting to see an unused dangling connector for the green/white and black/white 2 wire connector. There was no such connector I could see. So, my next job was to remove the tank and nose cone and start chasing it back from the dashboard.

However, it suddenly occurred to me that maybe this model never had a side stand switch and may not have the associated wires in the dashboard. Thus, I thought I'd ask before delving deeper. Has anyone else done this job and encountered the same issue or know what's going on?

BTW. I studied the wiring diagrams in the Haynes Manual and see that the UK models were not shipped with a side stand switch, whereas the US models were. However, the manual says nothing about Japanese models.

Thanks

Graham

PS. If anyone has a spare side stand switch bracket they'd like to donate to a good cause or sell then I'm all ears!

Edited by gmseed
edited title