750 j power restricted????

niknak750

Well the dyno has spoke and the result is arm wrenching 78bhp!! It ran well and quite cleanly but thats

all she had on offer.

I know someone mentioned ages ago the JDM bikes were restricted but has anyone any idea how.

Is it all in the ECU or would the cams be altered profiles, etc,

can this be sorted without spending another  fortune  on the 750 lump.

The dash also has an annoying 'speed' light that comes on about 50 mph. thought it was the oil light first time

and nearly soiled myself O.o

If the system is like the FGH then the light just comes on at 50mph because the needle closes a switch to the light.  On FGH that's all it is, no feed back to the ecu.

What pipe is fitted ?  Can you put the power ans torque curves up ?

My red 750G was a jdm and it only gave 73 rwbhp first go.  No airbox or filters, /Motad Nexxus headers, unknown silencer.  Bored the carbs to 33mm and new plugs and oil and retimed the ignition gave 100 rwbhp at 11000 and 50lbft.  Something must have been wrong first run for such a big change.  I've done camgrapghs of JDM 750 and UK 750 and    found no difference.  At a guess I'd say the restriction would be in the exhaust from the factory.  IIRC onlt Swiss bikes used to get different cams.

Yes its a bit of a mystery  and thank you for the information regarding cams.

The carbs are ultrasonic cleaned and rebuilt . the compression is within the spec's in the Suzuki manual.  The exhaust headers are made by Devil in France. though the rear can is unknown.

I agree its a big drop from 112 down to 78