GSX 750F

Yo!

Recently purchased a GSX 750F of 2000 Birth from my manager at work for the princely sum of 100 queen sheets.

Bike had been laid up for four years in an alley way and was covered in moss/algae. Done the usual service etc and got it running and passed its MOT with no issues.

Had a blat to the coast which was the first, long ride I had taken it for (the most distance covered was three miles to MOT station).

What an ugly pile of gutless poo. Not impressed at all, what was Suzuki thinking? Fair enough its smooth, and the handling is pretty good, effortless to ride and can chuck it about pretty well.

This thing just lacks any grunt. Its the most uncomfortable riding position-neither here or there and my arse was completely pummeled by the end of the day, my shoulders and neck were mullered too and I have built and ridden bikes with just a steel plate for a seat without experiencing anything like this.

Anyone have much experience with these? No disrespect to those that like em', It's just clearly not my thing. Am I missing something here?

Rant over :)

I'm mid way through installing a completely rebuilt GSXR750L (long stroke 116BHP) motor into my 1990 GSX600F with a view of sorting it's lack of grunt! teapots are a bit of a maligned marmite bike in my opinion.  Dr Jon on here has installed an 1100F motor in his and that would almost certainly improve the grunt of any teapot!