Engine mounting plates

Solcambs

Can anyone point me at a source of engine mounting plates. I need the rear mounting plate that goes on the LHS for a Katana ...it's the triangular one that sits on the outside of the long spacer and attaches with two bolts to the frame.

Pretty sure most GSX frames will have the same fitment at the rear - but just in case it's an import GSX 750 with the 1100 motor .. though pretty sure they are all the same. I also need a pair of bottom mounting plates, however I reckon those are pretty easy to make up.

The 750 frame is the same. With the exception of the lower frame rail mounts between the clutch and the ignition and the sprocket cover and the alternator on the other side. On the 750 frame using an 1100 engine they need a custom plate that moves the engine mount (top hole) forward 10mm. All the others are the same. Some people run without the mounts.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

The 750 frame is the same. With the exception of the lower frame rail mounts between the clutch and the ignition and the sprocket cover and the alternator on the other side. On the 750 frame using an 1100 engine they need a custom plate that moves the engine mount (top hole) forward 10mm. All the others are the same. Some people run without the mounts.

Figured I'd need to make custom mounts from the bottom rail. Still need to source one for the rear of the engine - good to hear that's the same across models. Just need to find a part number now and see if I can order one.

• 2 weeks later...