Suzuki VX 800: Looking for a long 5 gear for this -

Hello GS experts, :D

First of all: new here - traveling with a Suzuki VX 800 (among others). Looking for a long 5 gear for this -
Alan - a Canadian did this once and used a GS engine here.

see: http://vx800forum.com/forum/index.php?topic=1972.msg32449#msg32449  srry -- you need to be logged in .. unfortuantly 

[quote]The biggest part of getting the 5th gear made was knowing that the internal of the gear was the same as Suzuki GS models.
After that... there needed to be a very tiny bit of the shift fork ground out of the way.[/quote]

you can help here.

btw: More information about Alan's gearbox modification here: https://www.vx800.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9446

srry - german text  - but no need to be looged in

so the question is : how to proceed - how to find the long gear for the suzuki VX 800 

I'm happy to hear from you.

regards

see some more details

the VX 800 data: 
Gearbox Standard: (1 -> 5: 2.285/1.631/1.227/1.000/0.851.
Gearbox Custom: (1 -> 5: 2.285/1.631/1.227/1.000/0.75 - > this is wanted - i want to have the taller 5. gear

alan: - on the VX800 forum - link above:

[quote]

This project has been a long time coming. I am not an expert, nor do I have an engineering back ground I have just brought all this information together to make it all happen. This is my adventure…..I finally got a final drive from a VS1400 Intruder installed. The hub ratio is 2.66 vs the 3.09 of the VX. Approx 14% taller gearing throughout all gears.

Top speed is not effected, as it is now too tall to rev beyond 7200 rpm (or 110ish mph). This is with a new Avon Storm 150/80 on the rear.
The rpms are lower in all gears. At 60mph I turn 4200ish rpm and 70 comes at just about 5000 rpm. I have only had it on for 2 tanks of gas so I have not memorized exact speeds. These are approximate [...] [/quote]

This project has been a long time coming. I am not an expert, nor do I have an engineering back ground I have just brought all this information together to make it all happen. This is my adventure…..I finally got a final drive from a VS1400 Intruder installed. The hub ratio is 2.66 vs the 3.09 of the VX. Approx 14% taller gearing throughout all gears.

Top speed is not effected, as it is now too tall to rev beyond 7200 rpm (or 110ish mph). This is with a new Avon Storm 150/80 on the rear.
The rpms are lower in all gears. At 60mph I turn 4200ish rpm and 70 comes at just about 5000 rpm. I have only had it on for 2 tanks of gas so I have not memorized exact speeds. These are approximate [...]

Edited by saint_leonard