1100 engine into a bandit 600

MikeyVeitch

My plan was to swap an 1100 engine into a bandit 6 frame but leading up to it, I noticed there were a lot of unanswered questions. This post should hopefully clear up some of the grey areas for the mad lads that are thinking about doing the same. 

My parts list is as follows 
Gsxr 1100 k engine
Bandit 1200 carbs jetted with pod filters
Gsxr 750 m oil cooler and lines. 
bandit 600 sump, pickup/strainer

first unknown was if I’d be able to use a sump from a bandit to use the original exhaust and the answer to that one is yes. As far as I am aware, if you swap the pickup and strainer then the sup is changed fairly easily.

second was exhaust fitment. Although the 11/12 engines are taller, with little room to spare, the stock 600 manifold should fit on with no issue

third was wiring compatibilities. I ended up using the stock harness with an 1100 cdi to match the engine and well, it runs sweet as a nut

fourth, engine bolts right in with not headaches or modifications required

finally fifth. Well, it’s fast a fuck 

Bit of advice first. If you have the cash to do this, upgrade or swap your brakes and suspension first. My father once told me that if you want to go fast, you need to be able to slow down. With great power comes great tomfoolery.

• Like 2