GSX 1100g generally and CDI part numbers

G-spot

Thought I would post this as I was too lazy to trawl for hours, plus I haven't seen anything on the old dinosaur !  Got this when I was a London courier back in the day as I wanted something with power and a shaft. Surprisingly, given the reputation of the 1127, I have had lots of probs which I will bore you with another time. ATM, after a full Covid engine rebuild with 1155 etc it is electrics, as 1+4 will not fire and this started pre rebuild on a 2000 mile trip where it would not idle on these but fired fine after c. 2500 rpm (and yes, I have fully rebuilt my carbs, thanks for asking) Intriguingly, brand new plugs would fix the idle for c. 30s (resistance ?)  I have substituted known good coils and plugs, nothing, so CDI.  There are a few places that test them so that is next, but my main question here is, my UK model CDI pn is 32900-26D00. Bandits, GSXRs etc all have different pn. Would Suzuki go to all that trouble for CDI's given the outstanding interchangeability between these ?  Also the Dyna 2000 ignition pn DDK3-3 does ALL these and more (is it programmeable ?)  As ECUs go these are really simple and I have even seen rebuild kits with capacitors etc on Fleabay though only for the GSX400.  Anyone got Dyna stuff from atvgalaxy ? its a lot cheaper than here but is it US spec ?

Thanks

and I resisted all Shaft-related innuendo too !!

2014-06-04 07.27.35.jpg

037.JPG