Asahi Tec Wheel Codes?

ChrisR1

Does anyone have a list of 3 letter codes on the Asahi Tec wheels and what bikes they fitted?

I’m trying to source an original pair of wheels for my 91 GSXR750M resto (it had been fitted with Bandit wheels) and the factory wheels are code AJD on the front and BJL on the rear.

I’ve found a pair that look right and which the seller says were on a 94 1100 race bike so can’t be sure they are original fitment, but the codes are AJO and BJV. Anyone know if they’ll fit the 91 750?

So thanks to some online parts sites and associated pictures looks like AJO and AJD are the common front wheel codes and from at least 89-93 both the 750 and 1100 have same part number of 54111-17C10.

For the rear most years are BJL and part number 64111-07D00 but this changes around 93 to BJV and part becomes 64111-07D10.

The BJV wheel brings with it a different brake carrier bracket and sprocket carrier but otherwise looks the same.

So does anyone know if this later wheel can be used in place of the earlier BJL one?