Fairing ID?

nokturnal

Hey Nok,

Brian here, the guy with the XC200 from QC.  It sure looks to me like a 91. The way those covers over the oil cooler are there and the way the mid section line is cut speaks to the 91 bodystyle.  The water-cooled models seem to re-use the existing stock lines, but it does not garantee someone in the 90s (Northstar, AirTech, HotBodies, etc....is there no company stamp?)  made a straighforward design no cooler cover, one piece lowers for the water cooled models???

Not sure it helps as this is the other way around, but I have a 750 water cooled birdcage holding a 91 stock fairing with the glass removed and a racing plate covering.  So I'm wondering if your fairing is 750 and simply not meshing with your 1100 birdcage.  Hoping a more definitive answer makes it way to you.

Looks like a 91 or 92 (same) because of the way the frontal area is laid back. 89 90 were more straight up.  Not sure if it's a 600 750 or 1100 though.  There is a difference in height from the 600/750 to the 1100.  1100 had clip ons above the triple clamp top and 750 was below.

Thanks guys. 

Thanks for the pics Brian. 

I was under the impression that since the fairings “interchange” the 91 would fit the 91. Seems there is a significant difference between the 750 and 1100 birdcage. 

I have not seen many 91 bikes and thought when I saw that little alloy bracket that jacks it up a bit, that was for raising the 1100 fairing to clear the on-top clipons.  Now I see your 750 has one. 

Judging by the fiche, the small brackets are different, having a different part number. The birdcage also has a different part number, but visually is quite different between models. 

Guess I need to find a 91 750 cage...

Edited by nokturnal

That fairing looks to be aftermarket.   The air intake inlet ducts are not a factory shape.  Definatly not factory 91 92 Suzuki.  I dig  the shape of that fairing you have there. The internal shape of the whole shell is definitely Suzuki. Are you going to use it on a 91/92 style? 750 or 1100? Looks like it's in great shape.

Edited by Captn
Added info

You should find several 91 92 front fairing stays on the flebay machine.   But the part that never seems to be on there for sale  is an aluminum offset 4 hole bracket that mounts the fairing stay to the frame neck tabs.  89 90 didnt use it, 91 92 does.  However, it typical OSS fashion, what we can't find we build! I had to.  If you have to make one it's not hard.  If you have to build one  and you are going to use a full fairing, the upper is the last fairing section to fit.  Start by mounting the mids to the to the cylinder head point, fit the bellypan to the mids and lower frame mount then set the upper on top of the mids and then figure out the size and shape of the fairing stay as it holds the headlight assembly and it holds the entire upper assembly to the frame. Make sure the entire fork assembly is installed to include triple clamps and clip ons.   The clearance of the clip ons and brake /clutch reservoir is dictated by the height of the upper mount. Hopefully you can find all associated factory mounts but if not fab it up!