Mikuni RS36 Flatside carbs

Brand new out the box straight on

- 91 GSXR750M 

2 questions

- How do I lighten the spring load? Stiff as Feck to open the throttle.

- I believe main jets are 17.5 out for the box. Shop said don’t touch them. Is there benefit in going up a size? 120 & 125’s supplied in the kit.

cheers.

Edited by Gixxer77
Typo

on the mikuni RS carbs - the throttle return spring has x 3 different holes for preloading and hooking the spring tail onto - use the hole that requires the least amount of tension to get the tail into it 

another area  = play with the throttle drum cam shape - if you reduce the diameter = longer throttle pull to get to WOT = less stain ( its like a gear ) - down side is if its too long yir wrist is in the wrong position - ok for a straight road but crap for corner exit etc..  - if the cam diameter is too big - great a quick action throttle but its more strain - there's a sweet spot between the two that can be be found by starting with a quick action diameter and filing the cam shape down ( doing this to match the carb torque sweet spot to yir wrist movement is worth a load for free especially in corner exits )

On 6/21/2018 at 12:50 AM, nlovien said:

on the mikuni RS carbs - the throttle return spring has x 3 different holes for preloading and hooking the spring tail onto - use the hole that requires the least amount of tension to get the tail into it 

another area  = play with the throttle drum cam shape - if you reduce the diameter = longer throttle pull to get to WOT = less stain ( its like a gear ) - down side is if its too long yir wrist is in the wrong position - ok for a straight road but crap for corner exit etc..  - if the cam diameter is too big - great a quick action throttle but its more strain - there's a sweet spot between the two that can be be found by starting with a quick action diameter and filing the cam shape down ( doing this to match the carb torque sweet spot to yir wrist movement is worth a load for free especially in corner exits )

Thanks, just what I needed

On 6/21/2018 at 8:11 AM, Foz said:

17.5 are the pilot jets , initially I'd try them with the recommended/ fitted main jets

Yes, sorry, 130 mains as standard. it's what came installed out of the box. also came with a set of 120 and 125.

Edited by Gixxer77