Swingarm extender blocks...... Yes or no ?

Spamwood

Guys

I have a zx7r swingarm on my gs1000 which makes it 3" longer than standard.  I'm looking for another 3" and I'm concidering some kind of extender blocks/bolt on brackets (you know what I mean) 

I'm slightly sceptical about the strength and longevity of these things. 

So, who's used them and what sort of results have you had ? 

If the general opinion is to stay clear of them what other options do I have to achieve my extra 3" ? 

I have never used them although I had thought of doing so some time ago but I too had my concerns but should I have had concerns,i don't know.You see people using them from Old Skool to brand new bikes (looking at you America lol ) so I cannot see any issues if they are made well and are fitted correctly....M

Having said that I simply cut and shut my GSXR1100 arm extending it by 100 mm,adding in new material including internal splicing and plug welding just to make sure it stays put.Why do it this way???...Mainly because I was after a 'factory' look and it was cheaper.The deciding factor over the bolt on extensions was simply that..they looked bolt on.