bandit 12 mixture info

Hi Guys and girls sorry to be asking a carb question again,well my bandit it back together and running alot better i eliminated the slight coughing i had from the carbs by adjusting the mixture screws they are out at 3 1/4 turns and all seems fine but im sure that is to much even though it runs pretty good,i have been told that 2 1/2 turns is about the norm.if i screw them in to the 2 1/2 turns it pops and backfires from the exhaust on tickover the only mod i have is a race can ive checked the plugs and they are a very dark chocolate brown colour but as of yet i have not taken it on a good run,Is it the norm to run the mixture screws that far out the carbs are clean and ive double checked everything (had the carbs off 7 times now) the bike runs spot on and has plenty of power only has a slight stumble around 2k rpm 

Edited by yellowcakeuf6

Tbh if it feels good at 3.25 turns then leave it at that, the 2.5 turns is just a guide to get things running so it can be fine tuned. Just keep playing with them. If you want to get more exact you could try a carb balancer or a a/f meter. Depends how precise you want/need to be for the application.

the pops/bangs could just be unburnt fuel from playing with it. Tune it to where it sounds right, take if for a run, then adjust if needed.

Edited by Phill106