GS750 trike shockers

Sam-Jaffa

20 minutes ago, Swirl said:

Hardtail it, sort it right out, much better handling, drop the rear tyre pressure for a bit of comfort

yeah.....hard tailing isnt really an option really as he takes his missus on the back, and as for dropping the pressures, when you're running 215 40 17 tyres you could run them flat and it'd still be brutal xD

22 minutes ago, Sam-Jaffa said:

yeah.....hard tailing isnt really an option really as he takes his missus on the back, and as for dropping the pressures, when you're running 215 40 17 tyres you could run them flat and it'd still be brutal xD

1. Cut the back seat off and leave the Mrs at home.

2.Leave the back seat and get a lighter Mrs.

3.ignore both of the above and spend on decent shocks and a 3rd shock mounted in the middle similar to goldwing trikes.

sprung saddle?
tbh the stresses on that frame and swingarm must be immense, when you think about it, both those rear wheels will move up and down at once, a bump under one wheel will lift both because the axle cant move independently for either wheel.  something is going to have to give, either the frame or the arm will break.
looks like a reliant axle, but in the car it will be able to flex because the leaf springs and the tie arms are made to let it flex. but that arm and frame have no movement for independent suspension movement. it would be better hardtailed from a frame strength point of view, id strutt it, fit fatter tyres at lower pressures and fit sprung saddles.

Edited by johnr
On 11/29/2018 at 9:05 PM, Sam-Jaffa said:

what are people using as an upgrade on their GS's that wont brake the bank?

Harley take-off Showa air shocks, is my choice.

There are thousand of Harley owners who ditch perfectly good shocks and exhausts with almost no miles on them.

I've been using them for years.

The air shocks on my GS850 were about $25 from the States and the seller was clued-up enough to send them USPS for fairly cheap.

My last set of Harley mufflers from a Dyna-thing cost me 99p :)