Slingshot dual outlet fuel tap - output

Oilyspanner

I was going to post a question about the output per minute of the standard fuel tap - but I decided I was being lazy !  Mikuni jets are rated in ml/cc per minute, so my jet sizes mean I would need a minimum of 750 ml per minute to feed the carbs at WOT. I took the tank off, fitted some tubing to the fuel outlets and vacuum link. I timed 15 seconds of flow into a measuring jug (not so easy when you're sucking on the vacuum pipe) - the jug had just over 300 ml in the 15 seconds, so over 1200 ml in a minute.

So a healthy Slingshot dual outlet tap can supply more than 50 % over and above my carb requirements at maximum throttle/revs. I was worried that the tap maybe couldn't flow enough, so for now at least the standard tap stays - the membrane and mechanism of the standard tap can be problematic with time and crappy fuel residue, but all seems good. I'm glad I checked though, in the last year or so I've spent a lot of time and money on the engine, I didn't want fuel starvation to wipe out the fruits of my labours, just because I didn't check fuel flow. Just a shame the weather's gone tits up until next year :(

• Like 5