GSX1100 ES with Dynojet stage 3 ?

My GSX1100 has been a pain in the arse ref the carbs and so to make it easier to work on I was thinking of going for APE Super Pro pods and getting rid of the air-box which seems to take about 2 hrs to re-fit not to mention my mangled fingers etc.

I was going to go FI over the winter and do away with carbs all together but I bought a GSXR instead so funds are now much more limited, hence looking at a cheaper option.

I have a V&H pipe and the standard carbs are jetted according to the V&H website, they were stripped fully cleaned and fitted with new jets yet it was always a pig on choke, reving it nuts off or stalling, once warmed up it ran fine.  I used it through the summer but on the last time out it wouldn't re start, it ran shortly on 2 cylinders and then died, we ended up draining all the carbs as it had flooded and I then got it home and it ran fine. I tried to stat it again and it was back to its none starting self again, so I left it in the shed.

Now to cut to the chase if I can get rid of the air-box then working on the carbs should be much easier so was thinking of going for the good quality pod filters and the Dynojet stage 3 kit in the hope that this is near enough just to need minor tweaking.

Is anyone else running a similar combination or has experience of the stage 3 kit with a standard engine?

Dynojet kits work ok in the standard carbs. Think from memory I had the DJ134 mains fitted with the needles lifted one slot from the middle with a little 'half a notch' shim underneath. Although different setups and bit of tweaking involved for different engines but might get you on the right path. Slides drilled also using drill bit supplied in kit. Ensure base settings are good to start with including a good fat spark on all cylinders, carbs correctly balanced etc etc. When fettling, change one thing at a time so as not to get lost and you should get it going well. Good quality filters make life easier.

Cheers. T

Ill have a rummage through me carb bits tomorrow. May just have the bits you require. All dynojet kits consist of is a selection of main jets. 4 sizes for different applications. Airbox on pods etc the slide drill along with main air jets and the dynojet needles which are tapered. I think I pretty much have the kit spare in a box somewhere. If its all there you can have it as I now have GSXR carbs on mine. Needles are the main bit required from the dynojet kit to be honest. The rest is trial and error. They can be setup just on the stock needles and bigger mains however. Ill get back to you tomorrow or later this eve if any use?

Cheers,

T