CV Carb Mod washers £20 / set

wsn03

Carb mod washers  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How many washers would you order for the CV carb mod if they can be made?

• Set of 4
    • Set of 8
    • Set of 16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

I've took little gamble and asked for 100 washers will see him Sat as we going bike show. So all been well I will have them the weekend. Suppose best way for payment would be PayPal. 

For foreign post will got post office and inform exact cost.

excellent . Do you want me to go ahead collecting name and addresses?

Just a thought & tell me it's bollocks, but would it be better if the hole was "chamfered" as these needled here are badly worn & that was from plastic!

Where it has gone silver on the neck, it has worn nearly a 1/3 through on some of em!

Have to say though, not a clue what they are, was a strange mix of DJ & Mikuni parts in one set of carbs, so could be cheap Chinese shite?

46498989_2085077464847525_5656020613668536320_n.jpg

i'm up for a set of 4 but i've got one niggle to clear in mi head -  this holds the needle firmly and it then locates such that the needle can't spin ( original issue I believe ) - my niggle is, does there remain enough wiggle room to enable the needle to effectively float into the emulsion tube - or is the needle so firmly located that there is no wiggle room i.e. - if the needle is just a tad off centre relative to the emulsion tube it will then be cocked to one side - possibly even forced to wear on that side ??

I'm sure the answer is - it has wiggle and this is not an issue - its been a tried n tested fix for a while etc.. - would just like to nail this one though

thanks

1st question 20 is all in include postage to uk. Received payment thank you envelope ready for first batch when they arrive. Hes going to try get them done by end of week and after bike show we will laboriously de burr them.

2nd question that is needle fretting and spinning in washer or vicer versa. You Can chamfer with hand burr but that wont make any difference to what your asking would help the wriggle to get them on, unless you buy new needles everyone going to be slightly different hense a little sympathetic installation would be good, at end of day most on here on hands on why your on this forum. Hope that don't sound condensending.

3rd question the whole  idea is to hold needle more square that is the point the Suzuki design forces needle to be at an angle, I understand the reason for this with fuel spray when new, but what it does is oval the emulsion tube. I was going through a set a year and it's really noticeable coming out slow corners on full lean winding on gas engine temporary bogs, very scary. But it does not hold needle super firm at end day its quite rough plastic housing but it certainly stops the induced angle preventing the severe wear giving consistency.

Can I ask any questions post on the mod thread and save this for quantities etc.

Going to post pics on mod thread showing a set of worn plastics. 

Please look at these pics I'm sure you will be most surprised.

Edited by jonny1bump
  • Like 1