CV Carb mod to replace plastic washers, which locate under needle circlip that wear out.

jonny1bump

Many moons ago I designed and posted a mod on the old site a really good improvement that could be made on the cv carbs.

Basically the plastic washer under the needle wears significantly through rotation and if they do no rotate they groove severely. 

Also the way slide is designed with a step so the plastic washers causes the needle to sit at an angle causing even more wear on the Suzuki emulsion tube top area causing ovality and richness, which is compounded even more if using rubbish designed dynojet emulsion tubes.

These aluminium spacers replace the plastic washers and hold needles firm and square. They are fiddly to make but worth the effort.

Searching through old drawings found my original design. Unfortunately cannot find my original pictures.

Will have to find where put old carbs and take them apart.

There was streetfighter site of some sorts that must got my original drawing and started making them, UKLee pointed this out when we were building one of his projects.

Edited by jonny1bump
  • Like 1

I personally prefer them to be ally they never wear out.

If we can get a running total I can ask for quote to set Cnc up. I don't mind making couple myself but can see this exploding lol.

Got me thinking perhaps I even put his engineering business in trade section.

So 12 so far is that correct. Need get list going not sure how do that on a forum chat.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, jonny1bump said:

I personally prefer them to be ally they never wear out.

If we can get a running total I can ask for quote to set Cnc up. I don't mind making couple myself but can see this exploding lol.

Got me thinking perhaps I even put his engineering business in trade section.

So 12 so far is that correct. Need get list going not sure how do that on a forum chat.

Start a poll, with a vote counter? 

• Like 1