What are these pistons?

gs7_11

Thanks.

Yeah  I didn't want to go into too much detail, just querying the grey coating........never seen that before and wondered if someone had.

Seller said they are GS1000 and superficially they look like it, apart from this grey business.

However, on checking the measurements, they are 69mm bore (+0.5mm oversize) so clearly not GS.

What 8 valve engine has a 69mm bore? Not that it matters now.....

1 hour ago, gs7_11 said:

Thanks.

Yeah  I didn't want to go into too much detail, just querying the grey coating........never seen that before and wondered if someone had.

Seller said they are GS1000 and superficially they look like it, apart from this grey business.

However, on checking the measurements, they are 69mm bore (+0.5mm oversize) so clearly not GS.

What 8 valve engine has a 69mm bore? Not that it matters now.....

69mm would be 844cc in a GS750 ...so could be a #######o kit...if the pins are 1# mm 9_9

or they could just be stock GS850 pistons ....

Edited by Duckndive

Here's a thing:

I bought these pistons, before I was told they were 69mm (+0.5). They were being sold as GS1000, quoting the right GS1000 part number. Turns out they were guessing at the part number and they were 69mm! Spoke to the vendor immediately, who said sorry, they're wrong, will cancel order and refund.

Two days later, they turn up, despite them saying they wouldn't send them. Loose, in a jiffy bag. Really. I mean, who chucks a set of pistons in a Jiffy bag with no other packing material so that they can rattle against each other all the way up here! :o

Next news, my refund has been done by e-cheque, so I have to wait 10 days to get my money back.

They don't want the pistons returned, so if anyone wants them for ash trays....