K7 gsxr Swingarm set up in a slingshot 1100 k frame

MooreMatthew

I put a k7 arm in a huc frame, they are designed to take slingshot running gear.

All i had to do was make some top hat spacers to sleeve the spindle size down and make up the width difference, k7 was narrower.

Also had to make some adjustable dog bones because mount is on the underside not the top.

I used standard slingy linkage and wheel.

Not sure on k7 wheels but earlier k series gsxrs ones are 110mm sprocket offset and slingshot are 100mm from centre of the wheel. Takes some sorting out, front sprocket spacing, hub/carrier machining if you want to do the job properly

3 hours ago, MooreMatthew said:

Doesn’t sound too bad to fit 

just contemplating what to do now I have front and rear ends complete 

would you say the forks are too short for the slingshot and need a step yoke or extenders making 

Not at all, i have run various k-series forks in slingshots quite a few times, my race bike handled really well, also gad about a 30mm lift at the back end. I had it on the road too. They seem to respond really well to steeper geometry and getting plenty of weight over the front end

That looks a proper build 

Originally was going to build it up fairly standard with some L forks but as always can't help bud to build something a little bit more special 

Might get some measurements and trial for the parts to my frame 

Did you have to swap stem out for the front end like you have to on most conversions 

Thanks 

32 minutes ago, MooreMatthew said:

That looks a proper build 

Originally was going to build it up fairly standard with some L forks but as always can't help bud to build something a little bit more special 

Might get some measurements and trial for the parts to my frame 

Did you have to swap stem out for the front end like you have to on most conversions 

Thanks 

No need to swap stem, thats why you need funky size top bearing

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

Is the black powder coated.

Anyone ever anodized frame or swing arm. Would image cast bits would be not such a good black.

Aren't they anodized from the factory. there can't be much silicone in the alloy other wise the anodized would be "sooty". biggest problem will be finding an anodizer with a big enough tank.

Have k5 front end in my 750m and k7 swing arm, As already replied front is easy just bearing swap,! Rear needs top hat reducers for spindle reduction! And linkage is a mare I tried many conatations and ended up fitting a 750m dogbone mount complete ! To top of my k7 arm and made long dog bones to suit, I also run remote resovior shock as no room for k7 shock (res) . 

Head scratcher for sure but got there in the end. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2018 at 10:35 PM, MeanBean49 said:

I put a k7 arm in a huc frame, they are designed to take slingshot running gear.

All i had to do was make some top hat spacers to sleeve the spindle size down and make up the width difference, k7 was narrower.

Also had to make some adjustable dog bones because mount is on the underside not the top.

I used standard slingy linkage and wheel.

Not sure on k7 wheels but earlier k series gsxrs ones are 110mm sprocket offset and slingshot are 100mm from centre of the wheel. Takes some sorting out, front sprocket spacing, hub/carrier machining if you want to do the job properly

How much did you machine the carrier and or spacers ? 

10 hours ago, Superaiden1 said:

Brilliant thank you mate how did you know how much to take off mine is b12 with k7 1000 swing arm

That was about as much as its safe to take off K1 wheels

Yeah had to trim 5mm off the rubbers too. 

The other 5mm difference needed I did running a Talon sprocket back to front, and a 2mm spacer behind front sprocket