92 1127 hydronic to cable clutch help.

Rob21

Hello,

I am attempting to swap the hydrolic clutch to cable using a bandit 600 sprocket cover, worm gear, clutch perch and lever. I’m sure I have the cable set and the worm gear but it feels extremely heavy. Pretty sure this isn’t the feel people get doing this swap! Any ideas? Cheers.

Thanks for the replies,

I used the original 1100 push rod, when i use the B600 push rod it's so short and doesn't engage the clutch at all.

I have a new B600 "slinky guide" cable coming, will try that with the worm gear all stripped, cleaned and fresh greased.

I tried it routed the way @Captain Chaoshas it, no major kinks / corners.

Not sure if i've been spoiled with the brembo m/c i used off a new multistrada, It's ridiculously light!

19 minutes ago, jonny1bump said:

Was using a heavy duty spring and one normal on diaphragm clutch should have added.

Current set up proper hybrid using clutch cover pull so light yet still handles the extra power. Well it does at moment hopefully won't brake this time.

Mines just standard Springs and diaphragm clutch. Something must be wrong,

Do you have a measurement of the push rod you used?

Ill strip everything down, hopefully the new cable will be in and try that, going to take my gun home tomorrow and strip the clutch too.

• 2 weeks later...