Doubts about GSX 1100 models

nachopa

2 hours ago, ccroaker said:

its an old suzuki which have a huge fan base....lots of guys on here to help and advise....buy it.... half the fun is getting it how u want it stock or modified....let the fun times begin... and welcome

I would like to modify it but the laws in Spain are really restrictive. Just an example, if you want to remove the airbox and put direct filters you need an engineer and a project for passing the ITV (our spanish MOT) O.o

On 11/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, Jonny Bravo said:

Thanks Jonny! wow, there are more resources than I was expecting..

Not bought yet but almost there. I have to call the owner again

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, no class said:

Did you buy the bike yet or ya still hummin and hawin' ?

Hi no class!

In fact I bought it yesterday. Well, it's still not in my garage cause we have to do papers and all that stuff but the current owner told me that it's mine so... There's a new owner in the forum :banana:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nachopa said:

In fact I bought it yesterday. Well, it's still not in my garage cause we have to do papers and all that stuff but the current owner told me that it's mine so... There's a new owner in the forum :banana:

good on yi :tu another one hopefully about to be resurrected. We all have different approaches to how we 1st tackle such purchases  - opposite sides of the scale are

1) take a punt - charge up battery, put some oil n fuel in it - see if it runs and work around the gremlins as they appear ( not my prefered method with a bike you don't know the history and has been left sitting for a few yrs - the satisfaction of actually breathing any life into it is often lost with the continual niggles and maybe cause for accelerated wear / damage )

2) presume the usual niggles ( many already suggested ) - don't go mad and try and get it to run - off with the cam cover carbs and plugs - get it all nicely lubed up inc. a wetting down the bores - turn over by hand to get a feel that nothing nippy is occurring - then take each main part, one at a time - carbs / wiring / detailed engine service / steering head wheels and swing arm bearing inspection - brake strip and re seal - - etc.. etc...  a lot of work but worth it in the long run and can often be less work versus the hassle of quick fix gremlins - -and in this process you may uncover a big one ( damaged bore, rockers etc.. ) that will focus your direction before rather than after you invest a lot of time and effort

only downside to option 2 is project creep - as you fix / improve each part, the level of fix desired goes up - often resulting in upgrading / parts change - - --  how often do we end up doing this anyway ? - fix the std front end and brakes - then just as yir doing the final brake bleed - och you decide bugger it, fit a different front end :) -  ok now needs the matching rear wheel = diffrent swing arm and on - and on - 5yrs later you may get bike of month :tu