JBC

Blue

Ok, that sounds a little soft. Needs to be about 5-10 with just the bikes weight. What we haven't talked about is where you have the preload  collars set on that spring.

At this point I would back the collars off as much as possible and then move them to tension the spring about 10-12 mm of travel on the threaded part of the shock or if it works by a step change...similar. Then try again with the the static sag, which is as you described; wheel off the ground and then weight of the bike after a couple of bounces...look for that 5/10 mm again. If you can't get there...too soft.

Looking at the last photo, seems that you have the collars all the way at the top, try adding some preload and see if you can get it going where you want.

I'm thinking that maybe someone before you has wound all the preload out of it in an attempt to be able to take it apart. Maybe then they have realised that it will still need a spring compressor and given up.

Edited by markfoggy
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been busy with the front engine mounts, now I'm happy with them I dropped the engine out in order to cut the right upper mount off. Once off I intended to move it forward and reuse it but the hole line is too close to the frame :( so a chat with Yantosh (cheers :tu) has steered me in the right direction :) tonight I made up part of the new mount, now I just gotta work out the best way to notch the frame :S

20211116_192111.jpg

20211116_191830.jpg

20211117_192551.jpg

20211117_192535.jpg

20211117_192702.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Once all the engine mounts were it was onto the seat unit, I struggled with making up a subframe  trying to sort out angles & getting the seat right I changed things several times & decided to use a Duke subframe & cowl I had sitting in the shed. This ment I had to just make up a mini subframe for the Duke one to fit to. I'm not too sure even now but if it gets me on the road I'll change it later.20220215_164116.thumb.jpg.06c22dd3b256329e2d78ca24a43d5726.jpg20220215_164134.thumb.jpg.fc943a4e2172a632d226e0162c6ee393.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...