Rear Shock

jonny1bump

Good Evening all,

Are there any modern superbike shocks out there that can be made to fit the slingshot that are 320 mm long across mounting eye centres.

If there no info looks like going bike show with tape measure and note pad and to expect strange looks again.

Edited by jonny1bump

Just wondering, what project you got on the go Jon ?  I don't think this is for your 1246 ?

I love my Nitron shock, real quality damping, best quality shock for the money -  Had looked at a GSXR750 K6-L0 shock, which fits, working stroke is about the same and has high /low speed comp. damping (my forks have this and it works well)- but to get the same level of fade free damping I'd need to spend a wedge on a re-working of valving, plus get a spring to suit. I bought a Faulkner's spring for £34.99 delivered and Nitron works superbly again (bike's lost 100lb and spring too stiff, the reason I looked around for options)- still want their top of the range unit though.... next year.

Ha ha you know it Clive. Actually the hinge is me lol.

Yeah the shock on old faithful is really trick and proper one off special really.

Been having clear out and can't believe how much spares I Have and stuff removed which ain't bad just not same level. Got frame, nws lower slung swing arm, stack engine stuff including set carrillos another trick crank and set cases at Clives, dot head. Just got my Brain ticking as completed all current projects finally and not going mess with car anymore as real border line to what chassis can handle.

Edited by jonny1bump
  • Like 1