barrel advice for a 1216

Looking to take a set of barrels out to 1216 , I have both 1127 slingshot and a early bandit set which is 1156.

Want to use the 1156 as my thinking is there is less to machine out to start with, which should leave me with thicker sleaves

Have stripped my spare engine and checked the 1156 early bandit fit the cases ,  my concerns is the amount of sleave left after machining  for the busa pistons.

Has anybody had any problems with the barrels after a 1216 bore.?

Going to use a td04 16t and hoping for 200-250 hp 

thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, Blower1 said:

Bandit 1200 barrels outside diameter are about 0,5 mm bigger than 1127 barrels.

Ive heard that fella, thats why ive checked them on my spare 1127 engine for fit, the ones i have are early 1156 stamped barrels and fit fine

Ive seen some discussion about fitting and not fitting bandit barrels in 1127 cases.

After a discussion  over the weekend I got to wondering if anybody had experienced any problems with the reduced thickness of the sleave after reboring , it was mentioned about the liners cracking , thought id asked before starting spending my cash.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, B12Mick said:

stellafella

What piston to bore clearance did you go for when you had the barrel's bored to take the busa pistons  ?

Hiya mate, I took the barrels and busa pistons to  the engineers for bore and hone ,gave him busa, bandit and  clearance and let him get on with it. 

Think it was 0.030

So, am I understanding this correctly, B12 barrels and Busa pistons will work in my powerscreen cases? I am looking to pick up the parts and have the machine work done before I tear down my engine. All the 1127 blocks I have come across in the last couple weeks have issues I am not comfortable with. Why are so many missing chunks from the bottom skirt of the sleeves?

Cheers, Zweihammer 

4 hours ago, Zweihammer said:

All the 1127 blocks I have come across in the last couple weeks have issues I am not comfortable with. Why are so many missing chunks from the bottom skirt of the sleeves?

Cheers, Zweihammer 

There is a clearance issue between cylinder liner and rotating assembly - looks ugly but unavoidable. Could shorten the sleeve but length gives support to piston - choices, choices!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Blower1 said:

I have EFE cylinder block sleeved with B12 barrels and Busa pistons. Piston to bore clearance is 0,05mm ( 0.0020" ).

Thanks Blower1

What sort of boost are you/will you be running on your setup with that P/B clearance on the standard factory forged busa pistons ?

If your bike is up and running, do you get any piston slap from cold until the pistons expand with heat ?

Thanks and sorry to the OP for jumping on their thread.

13 hours ago, B12Mick said:

Thanks Blower1

What sort of boost are you/will you be running on your setup with that P/B clearance on the standard factory forged busa pistons ?

If your bike is up and running, do you get any piston slap from cold until the pistons expand with heat ?

Thanks and sorry to the OP for jumping on their thread.

Boost is 0,7 bar and fuel is E85. No piston slap.

First B12 liners / Busa pistons combo I had, the P/B clearance was 0,10 ( 0.0040") and it was difficult to get engine

hot enough to stop the piston slap.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...