BST 38's

CockneyRick

also the carb spacer bracket appears to have been cut in half (bottom of the pic) and had a bit added to bridge the gap. i wonder if someone has tried to make these fit an engine with different port spacings and then just connected the choke to two carbs. bodgery of the highest order! im guessing that theres something similar on the other side where the other bracket to hold them all together lives.

Edited by johnr

Car guys know jack shite about bike carbs except than they are cheaper than Webers! The use of a choke is a complete mystery to them so not surprised about the 'modification'. Re your little brass accessory - i'd be looking at pressed in jets or jet tips? - where from - not a scooby! Anything in 1 or 2 that looks similar?

It's a power jet as Jaydee says, they're a press fit, they had a blind jet (#0) over here and you need an airbox for them to work properly - can't see a car having use for them … easy enough to get the carbs working and 38's are good - need to get rid of the metal tee's on the fuel feeds Rick, they'll heat up the fuel going into the float bowls - been there and done that !

Whatever it is, there's only 1 of em (floating about at least) I'll have a thorough look at all of the inners on the bodies now i've taken all the removable parts off.

Also it has 102 Mains in, they sound like Dynojet numbers? The needle jet is very chunky & stumpy end, not pointy like i expected.

And the slide has 3 holes, middle for the needle & a hole either side!

Well at the bottom of the bowls there's a tiny jet that screws in & passes to the pipe that runs up side of carbs x4. These are all still there so not that.

Have looked all over the bowls & bodies, & there just doesn't appear to be anything missing. All 4 stripped & all parts matching & accounted for.

44677268_303371933589016_5782320831451365376_n.jpg

20 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

it could also be the jet for the cold start circuit, which should be pressed in the plastic float holder. Compare with other carbs' parts to be sure.

I thought the powerjet was not press fit but screw in?

Correct on the powerjet (y)  But the cold start thing? I'd assume it would have 4 off?