good engine paint

Gsx1100er

If you're going to pull it apart you can add the price of new gasket set to the cost at the minimum. Then add, " I'd better change that seal etc etc while I'm in here" and the cost just keeps going up.

Do you need to pull it apart other than for painting ? 

It will take a lot less manhours to clean the engine well enough to get a very good finish to than strip it, cart all the bits round to get them blasted, paint it and rebuild it.

Edited by bluedog59
  • Like 3
On 2/24/2021 at 8:45 AM, Dezza said:

I don't think I've seen anyone paint an engine with it still in the frame beforeO.o. Even with one sitting on the bench I find that it's impossible to clean every nook and cranny without removing the starter and generator and then spending two weeks sanding cleaning sanding cleaning (repeat a zillion times) with various tools/chemicals before getting round to my first can shake.

Haha Dezza, honestly I’m not that fussy, it looks good enough for me for now. May even get round to doing it properly one day if I ever get the engine out. 

By the way, did you ever fish out that RGV solo seat you kept tripping over, I may be able to make something of it for the cost of postage 

16 minutes ago, Toddy64 said:

Haha Dezza, honestly I’m not that fussy, it looks good enough for me for now. May even get round to doing it properly one day if I ever get the engine out. 

By the way, did you ever fish out that RGV solo seat you kept tripping over, I may be able to make something of it for the cost of postage 

I did, I thought I'd posted a reply. Anyway, I was mistaken and it wasn't an RGV seat after all. It looks like some sort of Krapaskai seat, zxr maybe. So sorry for the false alarm.