Gsxr750 carbs on b12

wraith

10 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

Strange, I would have thought you'd have got a good few BHP on the top with them, certainly better than stock or stock carbs with dual K+N's and the correct jetting.

Why would smaller carbs (bored out to 33mm) be better than the std. 36mm bore carbs - the fella said they were breathless, guess why! Good for a 750 not an 1100/1200 with big lungs!

i,ve aye presumed the reasoning behind a CV carb typically being +/- 3mm larger in throat to a direct lift is because the slide is fluttering - not being held open - it will initially lift to full open when you whack open the butterflies, then it finds a position relative to the engine draw - not necessarily full open even if the butterflies are

always wanted to see if there is a way to convert a CV to direct lift - to see if you can take away this characteristic and benefit from the bigger throat - probably remain in the bin box of like to do versus ever getting around to it

Got to compare apples with apples! A 33mm anything is never going to match a 36mm anything for N/A airflow - simple physics!

Why would anyone bother converting a CV to direct lift when a) it doesn't have an accelerator pump circuit to stop it falling on its arse when the handle is yanked and b) a comparable direct lift carb is available in sizes 34mm - 55mm!

GSXR thou K-series stock titanium pipes, Danmoto can and linkpipe. Ramair dual foam filters with silicone pipe reducers to form an intake tract. 

Can't remember the jetting, from memory they're either 122.5 or 125 mains, I'll look when I take em off again. 

They're good,  nice and crisp most of the way up the rev range but struggle when you work them really hard. If that's a failing of the accelerator pumps or the jetting, I've not sussed out, but there's enough snap to spin the rear out of corners, so that'll do. 

If I get chance, I'll dyno it to satisfy your curiosity. ;)

• Like 1