Intake valves springs

I'm building a turbo engine based on a 1100F.

I remember that's not a bad idea to change the intake valve's springs to avoid accidentaly opening under boost.

I don't want to talk if it's worth or not, I'm building an engine that has to cope with a couple of steps of power upgrades, so they will be necessary in the future.

I remember that gsxr600 k1 springs were compatible and a bit stronger is it right? Or do I have go for APE springs?
Thanks in advance

29 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you need a fuckload of boost to achieve this?

Probably more than a couple of Bar boost ie. more than most peeps run. But doing a turbo build - is it worth the cost of some springs or rely on something tired and maybe 30 years old? I put G&S springs in mine............but it was designed to see in excess of 2 bars!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Probably more than a couple of Bar boost ie. more than most peeps run. But doing a turbo build - is it worth the cost of some springs or rely on something tired and maybe 30 years old? I put G&S springs in mine............but it was designed to see in excess of 2 bars!

WHat are the springs rated at ?

some of the compound turbo tractor puller dezels run up to 8 Bar......but they often Hydraulic the motors

and I guess The Storm FB runs over 2 Bar....  

Nitro Dragsters and FCs run huge spring pressure but they service the heads every run

So in conclusion better springs is a good idea....."I wont mention the possible downside,s" 

Road bike or race bike?

Thrashed mercilessly or maintained impeccably?

And what has the engine that you're using experienced in its life? How old? Mileage? Race use? Valve recession?

It's probably best to replace the springs, ideally with something new, even standard ones will be better than some that have seen some life. If you want to be really picky you could ensure that they are all identical - length, rate etc...