Different types of Harris frames pics wanted

FJD

On 1/30/2019 at 8:20 PM, skylinespeedster said:

harris Harribox  . harris only made 50 frames  . for Yamaha and suzuki engines . .ian king had one which housed a gsxr 1100 back in the day . was featured in the "crossbow calender if your old enough to remember .

Ian's one was a work of art - so many bits that were just plain desirable!

Re : HarriBox engines - I know of one built for water filled Kwak motors - a ZZR1100 currently is in residence........ it's a great fat porker of a bike though!

On 2/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Ian's one was a work of art - so many bits that were just plain desirable!

Re : HarriBox engines - I know of one built for water filled Kwak motors - a ZZR1100 currently is in residence........ it's a great fat porker of a bike though!

Weird: the ZZR engine is the same size in most places as a GPZ900R (I have owned both), unless the stock head, carbs, and airbox are retained. Changing to a GPZ1100 wc or a ZRX11 head enables the use of non-downdraft carbs and mucho space reduction, and the wilder ZZR cams go striaght in. Just a thought for building a v-powerful but cheap special as wc Kwaks are cheap.

The Ian KIng Harris GSXR looked to me like a cradle frame, an alloy version of the the F1 even though it was referred to as a Harribox, which looks completely different (ex-endurance version on Eblag at the moment for much quids).

14 hours ago, skylinespeedster said:

It was Harris,s first attempt at the harribox concept. Still bloody expensive They then built what most people associate with the harribox look. Even then there are subtle changes to the frame mine is last of the update .steve Harris reckoned mine was worth 15k + back in 2012 so easily 20k now with a good wind . 

It's a nice framed bike but still only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Whoever was trying to flog Hag Hughes's old FZR1000 Harribox a few years back was struggling to get 10k for it as it was on ebays for ages:)

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Anyone know what happened to Ian King's bike - I did ask him years ago but he said it went to fund racing and not sure of its whereabouts at that time? There are so many great specials that seem to have faded from existence - where are they all? 

Yep, I was wondering that too. The ultimate OSS mystery of mysteries: where are Steve Burns's bikes?

Edited by Dezza

Steve took his monster with him to Perth.  Bill hunters spondon last seen in Ireland . Was on e bay few years back @15k . Remember seeing Steve’s  spondon 1260 gsxr at a run what u bring back in 87 . 

Hag Hughes bike was a bit of a mess . Had frame damage and not much originality. Had (still got a guy) interested in my harribox . He went to see hags bike which was at a bike dealers in north wales. And wasn’t impressed. 

Edited by skylinespeedster
Guest YoshiJohnny

Naw it's a Harribox that looks like Yamaha Deltabox frame grafted to a slabby but is in fact a Harris..

He said the Harris want to buy it back from him as they are very rare but they don't want to pay what he wants for it (tight arses)

did the ZX10 one sell? I didn't watch it

On 2/7/2019 at 4:32 AM, YoshiJohnny said:

Naw it's a Harribox that looks like Yamaha Deltabox frame grafted to a slabby but is in fact a Harris..

He said the Harris want to buy it back from him as they are very rare but they don't want to pay what he wants for it (tight arses)

did the ZX10 one sell? I didn't watch it

The one thats still got the slabbie swing arm pivot?

I always thought that was an NWS. 

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Now, this is the King H'Box and it is proper!............. for any of our younger viewers LOL!

Don't you just love the protective racing attire - who did it? - Jeans, trainers and that was it .... Me for one!

king001.jpg

Yeap the Kings bike was real nice ..any idea what happened to it ?

Guest YoshiJohnny
4 hours ago, dupersunc said:

That's the bike I was talking about. @YoshiJohnnyAre we talking about the same bike? Paul had so many tucked away.

yes it is..... I swear he told me it was a Harris frame but I never thought for a minute Harris would have tacked a Deltabox front bit to a slabby.. 

He's a top bloke though is Paul... he has a lot of very cool stuff.

YJ

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2015 at 10:13 PM, Jimbo said:

Looks like its based on a Mag 2 and 4 but home made ...

This is my Mag 4 frame

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000422_zps

Magnum 4`s rule always wanted one but could never afford one.  Be nice, if it fitted, to get a GSX 1400 motor in there

Edited by GS1000 78