Different types of Harris frames pics wanted

FJD

Hi, i aquired a Harris or replica frame and would like to find what i have, as the seller doesn´t know (me neither).

Got no papers, there is no frame number.

He thinks, it might have been for a Kwak engine, but not sure.

Can you provide Pics/infos on the different frame generations ?

My mag 2, I couldn't find a frame number either until I scraped all the old paint off the head stock and there it was, HP and 3 digits looked like a 3 year old had stamped it!!!!!!

once it was powder coated I couldn't read it so I got an ally plate with it stamped on and fixed it on..B|

I was told the mark 1's don't have the 2 fairing fixings on the bottom rail on the side, and mark 2's do..o.O

DSCF3179.jpg

DSCF5020.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a Mag I because of the tabs on the side rails.

All the Harris frames should have a HP number stamped on the headstock.

I think the main difference to the Mag I and Mag II were its clothes, the tank on the Mag I came down to the rails for the seat.

Edited by SiBag

It's a Magnum 1, and a fairly early one at that. As FBOAB says, the fairing mounts on the side rails on the Magnum 1 have welded on brackets whereas on the Magnum 2 there are two re-inforced threaded holes each side. The frame number may be invisible until the paint is scraped. You will have to do a bike version of what Damien Thorn's (adoptive) dad did in 'The Omen' to reveal the 666 birthmark on his scalp.

What is very interesting is the swingarm as it doesn't have eccentric adjusters, suggesting it is an early model. The swingarm is made by Harris though as it has the lugs to mount the stone guard. I am guessing it will be 1981 or maybe even earlier. When you find the number, Harris can tell you wwhen the frame was made.

• Like 3

Headstock numbers are stamped on left side (as told by Harris) i have marked your picture where to look, but like Gary says they are sh*t stamped as my reg doc says hf 5 then 2 letters but harris have confirmed they're HP and numbers and stated manu year is wrong on v5c (got to remember to get it altered), also the lower horizontal frame originally on mag 1 did have the upright bracket but was changed to 2 bushes before  introduction off the mag 2, and the tank shape is/was totally different on both models (you'll know which model if you have a tank).

Most tanks are altered nowadays to the scalloped mag 4 shape to allow for bigger carbs or Turbo's.

Only Harris can tell you the true identity and which engine originally and year made but they need frame numbers, plus you'll have to wait a little as they are busy with other products.

harris headstock number.jpg

Edited by kiwi
i have

The back end where the battery box fits is a ringer for mine

9a8947cc-b772-4b4b-b239-97a57d13304b_zps

Have a look at the joints they should look like this.

003.jpg

I've seen the tabs for the fairings and also the small tubes for the fairing mounts on the front down tubes before,In fact I seem to remember one being built on the original OSS site ,it was a  red frame .If the bronze welds are the same I'd say Mag1

At first I thought the swingarm was Motomartin but they are round tube going to rectangular adjusters on mine anyway.There is a rectangular section arm on bay at moment for CBX variant but it don't match that either. As previously mentioned the centre bit where the tabs are is magnum,I also think this is original and early.I'd have a punt on it

Edited by grebo
pictures not turned out
  • 2 weeks later...