Where to get a 1166 cylinder sleeve..

Huge747

4 hours ago, Huge747 said:

Hi!

I need one new cylinder sleeve for my 1166 cc cylinder. The Nbr 4 sleeve is broken. Can someone recommend a good shop in the Uk to order from ?..I live in Sweden so the shop must be ok with shipping... Thanks Henrik

Welcome   1166cc cylinder  ? what model is the sleeve for ?

Edited by Duckndive

Hi ! Thanks for welcome greetings..was a member before but been away for a while...The jugs are for a GSX1100 E -82. I guess the easiest is to buy a std liner and install and then leave it to a shop for a bigger bore...but where can I get a std liner ? Rgds Henrik

Edited by Huge747
  • 3 weeks later...

ive three barrela left from an 1166 or 1170 i cant remember, yoshimura engine that i threw a rod on years ago. it took out the number 2 bore, barrels, piston, rod, crank etc etc, but the other bores are all ok. if i can get my hands on it and drop a liner out i will let you have it. let me know precisely the bore you have now to make sure its the correct size.

On 9/26/2018 at 12:48 PM, Arttu said:

So this will be bored to 75mm? I have a damaged cylinder block where I could take one liner for you. I just don't remember if it is 74mm or 75mm already. I can check if you like. 

Not sure if you were interested or not? Any ways, I checked the block and it's bored to 75mm currently. The bores aren't perfect but maybe usable without re-boring.