exhaust question

micktodd

Is the gsx750 engine that you're putting in the gs is it a oil cooled or air cooled motor?

As to your question, what you looking for?

Any of the 750 oil cooled heads will go on (depending on how far back you put a oil cooled motor in a gs frame)

The b6 and gsx600f will fit the 750 gsxf/gsxr motors.

The b12 and gsxr/gsxf 1100 will also fit but they are a bit longer in the down pipes.

The only thing you mite find, is you may need to swop sumps, but if you do make sure you change the oil pick up to suit the sump ;)

Looking forward to seeing the project builds on these :)

Edited by wraith
Add a bit
On 9/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, wraith said:

Is the gsx750 engine that you're putting in the gs is it a oil cooled or air cooled motor?

As to your question, what you looking for?

Any of the 750 oil cooled heads will go on (depending on how far back you put a oil cooled motor in a gs frame)

The b6 and gsx600f will fit the 750 gsxf/gsxr motors.

The b12 and gsxr/gsxf 1100 will also fit but they are a bit longer in the down pipes.

The only thing you mite find, is you may need to swop sumps, but if you do make sure you change the oil pick up to suit the sump ;)

Looking forward to seeing the project builds on these :)

gsx engine is oil cooled , the gs started out as just a frame lol  and gsx was cobbled together with bits missing  gonna be fun to build had about 5 different front ends on so far  

IMG_20180922_173551.jpg

IMG_20180922_173602.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, micktodd said:

gsx engine is oil cooled , the gs started out as just a frame lol  and gsx was cobbled together with bits missing  gonna be fun to build had about 5 different front ends on so far  

IMG_20180922_173551.jpg

IMG_20180922_173602.jpg

Have you seen @370stevegs1157 and his miss gs600 ;) may give you good ideas both very nice bikes.

You need to start a build thread in the projects pages (y) 

Edited by wraith
  • Like 1

Since you asked - here's my two-penneth!

I put a 1200EFE engine in my GS frame and I realised that the engine sat much closer to the front of the cradle than the original engine had. In many ways this is a good thing, but depending on the exact angle and the mounts you use, it may throw up a few interesting alignment issues.

So in the pics attached you'll see what I mean: the EFE engine sits maybe an inch an a half closer to the frame.

Jonny

jon12 002.jpg

DSC_4252.JPG

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3
On 9/26/2018 at 9:25 AM, Jonny said:

I put a 1200EFE engine in my GS frame and I realised that the engine sat much closer to the front of the cradle than the original engine had. In many ways this is a good thing, but depending on the exact angle and the mounts you use, it may throw up a few interesting alignment issues.

So in the pics attached you'll see what I mean: the EFE engine sits maybe an inch an a half closer to the frame.

Jonny

jon12 002.jpg

DSC_4252.JPG

Edited by micktodd
On 9/26/2018 at 9:25 AM, Jonny said:

Jonny

jon12 002.jpg

DSC_4252.JPG

What happened to your GS's cylinder head?:(