I have a dream

Rene EFE

15 hours ago, Rene EFE said:

I'd be using very late model suspension, wheels, brakes, etc, to mimmick the modern bike more easily and basically "fool" the computers to think they're on the bike they were originally intended for.

Would it be feasible to take a complete loom/switchgear/sensors from a, for arguments sake a  2016 gsxr1000 stick it on your slingy and use a powercommander or similar to piggyback the Standard ECU and make it work on the oil boiler? As far as the ECU and computers would be concerned, they'd still be on the gsxr1000

5 hours ago, davecara said:

Would it be feasible to take a complete loom/switchgear/sensors from a, for arguments sake a  2016 gsxr1000 stick it on your slingy and use a powercommander or similar to piggyback the Standard ECU and make it work on the oil boiler? As far as the ECU and computers would be concerned, they'd still be on the gsxr1000

Probably doable but not feasible. Sure you can install all that and most likely also make it work (sort of) with enough effort. But the problem is that remapping / tuning tools for these systems are too limited to make this level changes. At least if we are talking about stuff that is available for normal people. If you have access to full development environment from Bosch / Nippon Denso / whatever situation might be different.

So due to this you probably end up adapting the bike to the control system and not other way around like it should be. And most likely the result will be less perfect. That's the reason why I would recommend using some aftermarket system that is designed to be adjustable.

Mine has 370 rwhp -  do I need it ? LOL

I did look into this way back but the technology - height sensing radar / ultrasonics / linear potentiometers etc was way beyond my pay grade before getting into rates of acceleration algorithms to control it all - I knew what I wanted but not how to achieve it in a DIY stylee !

You are a massive bender.:P

But if you must do it as @Arttumentioned controlling the power is the tricky bit. Cutting sparks and winding out ignition advance are old hat.

Most of it is done on the fly by wire throttle and controlling the torque output.

You can go 2 ways. oem system, the bosch system is the bench Mark, use everything wheelspeed sensors throttle control, IMU, ECU  etc etc.  then find someone clever to crack it and reprogrammed. Or buy a £5k Motec unit and a very clever dyno man to map it.

Or you could spend money on a nice shock and plenty sticky tyres, and spend time driving forward on massive amounts of traction, rather than trying to kill power every time you want togo forward.

I'm yet to trigger the TC on any bike with proper race tyres.

Edited by dupersunc
  • Like 4

also why would you want launch control for a trackday bike? and in your own words 'you can't wheelie'......

i'm totally down with your original idea, i just don't see you getting any use out of it......especially on a 80-120hp oil boiler with shyte suspension, second hand tyres, original bearings...

…..the efi is something, the rest sounds like buying a jcb to empty a litter tray.

….do it:TB:

• Like 3