Hejira endurance race frame

alfablack

Hi it is unusual but apparently handled very well was used in F1 and in European rounds of endurance

it as the same dimensions as the smaller frames 

8 where made and one us I have been told in the Smithsonian or at least an Hejira frame

got to get an engine sorted will have to see what Eblag as 

Any advice as what NOT to go for is probably more important

19 minutes ago, alfablack said:

Hi it is unusual but apparently handled very well was used in F1 and in European rounds of endurance

it as the same dimensions as the smaller frames 

8 where made and one us I have been told in the Smithsonian or at least an Hejira frame

got to get an engine sorted will have to see what Eblag as 

Any advice as what NOT to go for is probably more important

What not to go for? How about NOT going for a SS swingarm conversion, wavy discs and a 916 seat unit, although it's your bike so put on it what you want to. It'd be great to keep it all as early 80s as possible though:)

• Like 1

Sorry chap didn't mean take the piss

The frame and swingarm stay exactly as they were intended I meant engine wise what I know about big Suzuki engines back of a postage stamp would cover I am reading a lot of old threads  

Gs nice engine but all parts and casings 40 years old

Gsx likely in 750 form ?

Gsxr 

11 hours ago, alfablack said:

Sorry chap didn't mean take the piss

The frame and swingarm stay exactly as they were intended I meant engine wise what I know about big Suzuki engines back of a postage stamp would cover I am reading a lot of old threads  

Gs nice engine but all parts and casings 40 years old

Gsx likely in 750 form ?

Gsxr 

I certainly do not think you were taking the piss in any way whatsoever. I just listed some of the fashionable mods of the 90s that seem to have gone out of 'style' so sorry if I came across all bolshie. The swingarm looks great and looks like it would take almost any sized wheel without modification. For the engine, what about a GS1000 but as we all know these engines aren't exactly freely available? :) Looking forward to seeing more on this bike as I have never seen a Hejira frame with a big Suzuki lump in it before.

I've been offered a dot 750 engine R707 1988 

And been told it works well with a bandit 1200 bottom end

Is this the case as I am finding lots of contradictory information

On 9/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, kja.busa said:

A Bandit 12 would be ideal in that frame, easily tuned, lighter than the earlier engines too.

• Like 1

When you say 'Bindit bottom end' you are referring to everything below the head gasket ie. the whole engine minus the cyl. head?

That's the only bit worth using and maybe the coil spring clutch. If you are considering swopping the 750 barrels on up, over to a bindit cases - i'd say why? A 750 isn't the torquest motor in the world and you'd be losing a gear with a bindit box so needing more torque........... its not a normal swap!

Alfa black ,So Power for b12 and dot head cobblmabob, 130-150 depends on headers/carbs/and any tune work. I had a nos stock head with full upperton tune/stock valves and 750 j/k cams.  It made 142bhp with 38mm headers! 

We then Skimmed the head 0.005" and added some gsxr 1000 serpent micron headers, then reject and Dyno,d to 148bhp. 38mm c.v carbs.

with your rs flatslides and some good headers (40mm) it will breath well. 

Loads of torque perfect for all.:banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the information

I have picked up a gsxr750 dot head just because it was to cheap to leave behind.

I have today collected a gsx1100tscc complete engine how do I find out what year it would be from its been out of the frame and under a bench for that long the guy can't remember

1 hour ago, alfablack said:

Hi thanks for the information

I have picked up a gsxr750 dot head just because it was to cheap to leave behind.

I have today collected a gsx1100tscc complete engine how do I find out what year it would be from its been out of the frame and under a bench for that long the guy can't remember

If you post the engine nu,ber here in the aircooled section, one of the gurus will be able to tell you the source model. A pic of the cam cover/head will help here as there is some variation in these among the different models.