GSXR1100M/N front mudguard question

Meerkat

Good afternoon all,

The strip down of my 11 project is in full swing and I wanted to pick your collective brains regarding the above.

My question is....does the front mudguard need the massively heavy mild steel brace that sits underneath ? I'm sure Suzuki fitted it to ensure it remains stable and in shape @ 170+mph but I want (read that as need as original is fahoooked!) to buy replacement but dont want to refit brace if its not required ?

My bike will be streetfightered so it aint going above 130-140mph unless my neck muscles can get stronger!

Thanks for help,

Cheers,

Mike

I got rid of mine years back, the forks are so rigid on the 1100m/n that flex can't be a problem. That bracket does act as a shield for the slider, against stones etc that could chip the chrome - I fitted plastic deflectors on mine, the late 750 forks on it now have no bracket and the mudguard is shaped to protect the slider - you'll be fine, that crappy mild steel rusts for a pastime, weighs 1 1/4 pounds too.

• Like 1