Seat pan options

Buddy

Hey lads

still  few jobs to do on the project, but looking for ideas for a seat to put on the seat unit, my thinking was to shape some thin sheet metal and drill holes so an upholsterer could rivet the cover on? Any ideas? What have some of you lads done? Other option is of course to just use some race seat foam,  unsure which way to go, cheers for any input0514F213-BC98-41FA-8F47-DD69575DAD07.thumb.jpeg.1cf46689492c251036ce7894f0f9c162.jpeg

• Like 2

to go onto that i'd take a fibreglass mold of the seat base to use as the base for the seat pad - if you've got room adding a separate back pad

place cling film over the seat - slap on a coat of resin + a few layers of fibreglass and hayho - 30 minutes later there's the perfect shape

once you've got this base cover it in clingfilm and spray expanding foam onto it so you can easily make a dummy shape of how you want the seat filler to be

if you want more of a raised / curved seat versus a flat one I find it better to add this shape via more fibreglass versus bulking out the seat filler

13 hours ago, nlovien said:

to go onto that i'd take a fibreglass mold of the seat base to use as the base for the seat pad - if you've got room adding a separate back pad

place cling film over the seat - slap on a coat of resin + a few layers of fibreglass and hayho - 30 minutes later there's the perfect shape

once you've got this base cover it in clingfilm and spray expanding foam onto it so you can easily make a dummy shape of how you want the seat filler to be

if you want more of a raised / curved seat versus a flat one I find it better to add this shape via more fibreglass versus bulking out the seat filler

I have this coming up. I like the fibre glass idea. Does the material staple of to the fibreglass?